Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A Fun Website

I was browsing the website of one of my favorite scrapbook companies, Cosmo Cricket, and ran across an article explaining how they came up with the name of their company. The company is the brainchild of owners/designers Eric and Julie Comstock. When trying to come up with a name for their new company, they each put their name into a website called wordsmith.org (http://wordsmith.org/anagram/index.html). It takes the information you put in (your name, favorite band, whatever) and uses the letters to create a different word(s). Well, none of Julie's combinations made much sense - at least not for a company name. Eric tried his name, Eric Comstock, and Cosmo Cricket was born. Just for fun, I tried my first and last names. My best combo is "Mulberry Chile." If I ever start my own company, I think I'll use that for it's name. Try it out for fun and let me know what you find.

1 comment: