"Slow and steady wins the race," right? Well, I'm finally starting to tackle the "stack" of photos that I need to edit and print. This can sometimes feels like an insurmountable task, since I have to be very careful about not triggering a migraine from too much eye strain. So, I have made a promise to myself that I will edit 5 photos each day to try to "catch up." Which should be sometime around...well, never. And that's okay. I usually edit as I need my pictures for different projects. It's random, but it works for me. For now. ;)
So, all of that blabbering so that I can share this photo. I have to say that I absolutely *love* this shot of my little chunky monkey! He is so roly poly - just like his Auntie Shell! LOL!! ;) Sorry that this has taken so long, Heather. I hope you like it. (fingers crossed)
And the winner of this month's Midnight Rooster mini kit is . . .
. . . Nitasha! She posted: "Hmmm...more like 'what don't i want from CHA?" heehee...but if I had to narrow it down it would be Pink Paislee's new releases especially their Old School line and Studio Calico's new mists- Mister Huey."
Congrats, Nitasha! I can't wait to see what you create with this month's mini! =)
Here are my August MR projects. I'm trying to push myself to be more "embellishy" with my layouts, which you can tell on the first two. The third layout is light on embellishments, but very heavy on technique. The title is raw chipboard that I inked, chalked, inked again, painted, sanded, inked, chalked, and heat embossed w/clear powder. (Yeah, it took me a few minutes, but not nearly as long as my Lion King layout...a long story for another post. ;) I also sanded the photos, paint splattered the entire layout, and used a paper piercer to poke a gazillion tiny wholes to accent some of the edges. I'll try to get better close-ups of those - the first batch didn't turn out very well. My last project was a little "congrats" card that I made by stamping the camera onto the backside of Crate Paper's Tangerine using VersaMark ink and clear embossing powder. I cut out the camera, added an older Basic Grey brad that I had in my stash, and popped it all for added dimension. Let me know what you think! =) TFL!!