Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A New Year...A Time For Change

I swore off setting new year's resolutions a long time ago. It just sounds so ominous and formal. Instead, I like to think of the New Year as an opportunity for new beginnings. An excuse to clean house, both literally and figuratively. A chance to try new things. That's the secret - to just try without the pressure to be perfect.

So, what are my aspirations for 2009? Well, for starters, I am planning to open my Etsy store by the end of January. No pressure there... I am also planning to host my first party in my "new" apartment some time this spring. The date's TBA, pending the DVD release of a certain movie currently showing at a theatre near you. ;) Of course, that means I have a lot of unpacking, sorting, cleaning, and organizing to do in the next couple of months. I have recently renewed my Fitness USA membership, so I'm planning on putting that to good use as well. I have also promised myself to make better food choices - with the occasional "junk" allowance.

So, I encourage everyone reading this (you know, all 3 of you ;) to use this beginning as an opportunity to try something new - take a yoga class, eat sushi - something that you've always wanted to do but, for whatever reason, never have. And, most importantly, have a very happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment