Tuesday, June 16, 2009

my first food review...Asian potstickers

As most of you know, I don't cook. Well, at least not very often. Now, that's not to say that I can't cook. I can. I just choose not to. There's just something about eating the same meal twice a day for a week... One of the pitfalls of being single and living alone: What do you do with all the extra food? So, I live on frozen dinners, canned soup, and take-out. It's just easier. Okay, so there's a little background. (Just in case you didn't already know. ;)



As someone whose diet consists primarily of frozen dinners, I discovered last week that both Healthy Choice and Lean Cuisine have Asian-style potstickers. So, I decided to conduct my own little taste test and food review. And, here you go:


Overall, the Lean Cuisine meal has fewer calories, carbs, and Weight Watchers points. However, it also recommends that you cook it at 50% power for 8.5-9 minutes, which is quite a while when you are in a crunch for time. (BTW, you can cook it at full for 4 minutes, and it turns out just fine.) The Healthy Choice meal needs about 4 minutes on high. The Healthy Choice meal has twice the dietary fiber - and a lot more flavor. And, it only takes 4 minutes in the microwave at full-power. The Lean Cuisine meal, though good, was rather bland compared to the wonderful, ginger zing of the Healthy Choice meal. I would give the Lean Cuisine meal 3.5 out of 5 stars and the Healthy Choice meal 4.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment