Monday, August 15, 2011

Midnight Rooster August project reveal - part 2

Happy Monday, All!  I hope that each of you had a great weekend with your families.  I traveled back to my hometown for our annual Meehan family reunion.  It was so good to see everyone, but it never seems like it's quite long enough!

I wanted to share two more of my August projects for Midnight Rooster.  For this first project, I purchased the wooden letter from the dollar section at Target and sanded the edges to give it a distressed look.  Then I took a strip of the fabric and wrapped it around the letter.  I covered one of the Maya Road butterflies with the Echo Park paper and inked the edges, pushed the pin through the middle, then adhered two of the flowers to make the butterfly's body.  To add a little more dimension, I lightly inked the flowers, too.    



For this card, I covered one of the Maya Road butterflies with the Studio Calico paper and inked the edges.  Then I took the Studio Calico Fabrips, tore a strip, inked the edges, and then twisted it, making a rosette.  I cut strips of the My Mind's Eye and Crate papers and inked the edges.  I cut strips of the kraft cardstock, used a border punch to scallop the edges and then inked them. 
 


Hope you have a great week!

*hugs*
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment