Friday, October 28, 2011

Foody Friday #3

Welcome to the 3rd edition of Foody Friday!  It has been an incredibly busy week here - which has lead to some really bad food choices. :(  Unfortunately, quick & easy doesn't often equal healthy.  Sad, but true.  The problem is that I often don't get home from work until 6:30 or 7:30 at night; and, by the time I walk through my front door, I'm usually ready to chew my fingers off.  (Not literally, of course! ;)  Taking the time to fix a healthy, balanced meal is usually the last thing on my mind at that point.  I wracked my brain, trying to come up with a possible solution.  So, of course, I went to my favorite website for suggestions - Pinterest!  I found a pin with a very helpful tip attached: to prepackage slow cooker recipes in gallon-sized bags and store them in the freezer until needed.  How smart is that?  All you have to do is throw the contents of the "freezer meal" bag into the slow cooker before you leave for work, and it's ready for you when you come home that night.  AWESOME!!     


Happy cooking!

*hugs*
Michelle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment