Friday, October 14, 2011

Welcome to my first Foody Friday!


TGIF and welcome to my first Foody Friday!  I absolutely {heart} everything about fall - especially all things pumpkin!  So, to celebrate this wonderful season, I wanted share one of the pumpkin recipes that I found on Pinterest.


(makes 4 servings)

Ingredients:
3 cups whole milk
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 ounces white chocolate (roughly chopped)
pinch of salt

Directions:
1. Heat the milk, pumpkin puree, and spices in a sauce pan until the mixture starts to simmer, then remove it from the heat.
2. Add the chocolate, then stir until it has melted.
3. Pour the hot chocolate mixture into mugs.  Top with whipped cream and garnish with cinnamon.


Have a great weekend!

*hugs*
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Have you tried it yet? I wonder if I can come up with a WW friendly version. Hmmm...

    I just found Pumpkin Spice K-Cups for the Keurig at Lowe's. I'm hoping I can come up with a version of the Starbucks favorite that is WW friendly. I'll keep you posted on my success/failure.

    ReplyDelete