Sunday, November 9, 2008

Some feedback, please...

My darling friend Tobi has inspired me once again. Over the last couple of years, I've had many people ask if I'd ever considered selling my cards/card kits online. I've always been hesitant to pursue anything like that. What if I invest "all this money" into making everthing and nobody buys them? Of course, it never dawned on me to start small. I didn't even think that was an option. And, I knew that ebay wasn't the forum for me. Just too much stuff to choose from. Then, someone introduced me to etsy. Finally, the crafters version of ebay!

Well, Tobi's opening of MidnightRooster has convinced me to seriously consider opening a store of my own. Now, this is where you, my friends, come in. I would like some honest feedback. What do you think? Is it something that would be worth pursuing?

Hope to hear from you soon! =)

6 comments:

  1. I think that's such a great idea. You are so talented and I would be the first to buy a card kit. I can never take your classes, stupid Lansing being so far away, but I would love to buy the kits!! Allison has a friend who sells the cutest quilty stuff on etsy. You should check her out too. Hip to Piece Squares. We also have a local girl who dyes her own sock yarn and sells it on etsy. I love browsing it for beading ideas. Do it GIRL!! You won't know if you don't try!! See you in 11 days and 4 hours!!!! He he he...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say that you are the absolute best! Thank you so much for the multiple plugs, and you know how I feel about etsy --GO for it! Your much too talented to let your art sit on a shelf or be confined for those who are local to PIT. Get your stuff out there my sweets!!! much love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your support. I feel so blessed to have such great friends!

    Well, I guess I'd better get cracking on those new card ideas! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is brilliant Burry!!! You have such a gift and you need to use it. More...I mean use it more. And make some moola doing it!!! Let me know when they're up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no doubt you can make a success of this. Your cards are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you should sell your cards, you have the cutest ideas and are so creative:)

    ReplyDelete