Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hello. My name is Michelle, and I have a sweet tooth.

I wanted to take a moment to give a little plug for a locally-owned business in my area. I recently discovered the delicious-ness that is Rise 'N Roll Bakery.

(from their website) "Since Rise' N Roll opened its doors in 2001, this Amish bakery has produced the highest quality and tastiest baked goods. Buy for yourself or give as gifts. We offer a wide variety of products from which to choose."

They're not kidding - they have THE best doughnuts! My favorite is their cream-filled cinnamon caramel doughnut. They take their yummy plain doughnut, dip it in a caramel glaze, then roll it in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. And then, they fill it with a homemade cream that is actually closer to a light custard than a traditional cream filling. If that sounds a little too rich for you, they have a mini version (minus the cream) in the form of a doughnut hole. It literally melts in your mouth. They're a little piece of heaven!

*hugs*
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment